The Appear.in app for Flock allows you to place video calls through Appear.in, from within Flock.
To install the Appear.in app:
- Go to the Flock App Store, search for the Appear.in app, and click on Install.
- The app doesn't require any further configuration.
To start a video call:
- Open a chat or channel where you want to start the call.
- In Message Editor, type the slash command '/appear' and hit Enter.
- Your teammate(s) will receive an alert to join the call depending on where the call is generated.
- Optional: You can add a room name next to the slash command to customize your link.
- In Appear.in's free plan, you can add up to 4 users in a group call and share screens for up to 20 minutes.
We have our own built in video/audio conference application and the same can be accessed by clicking on the video icon on the top right corner of the chat window.
To know more about the in-built conference calling feature, click here.