The Dropbox app for Flock allows you to search for files in your Dropbox account, and share them with teammates quickly - all within Flock. It also generates automatic previews of files being shared in chats/channels.
To install the Dropbox app:
- Click on Install and authenticate with your Dropbox account.
To share files from Dropbox:
- Launch the Dropbox app from Flock's apps sidebar.
- Click on My Dropbox and search for the file.
The app will search for a match in both file names and the content of each file.
- Click on the share icon next to the file and select the chat/channel to share to.
- Flock automatically creates a preview of the file and shares it in the chat/channel.
Search for previously shared files:
The Dropbox app lets you quickly search for previously shared files as well.
- Launch the Dropbox app and click on the Shared in Flock tab.
- The app will automatically list recently shared files. Additional filters allow you to search for files sent by a specific team member and sent in a specific chat/channel.