Flock’s pre-installed Reminders app lets you set reminders for yourself and your teammates, for just about anything.
To access the Reminders app:
- Launch the Reminders app from Flock's apps sidebar.
- Within the app, you can view/edit all upcoming reminders for you or your team members, and create new ones too.
To set a reminder:
- In the Reminders app, click Set a reminder.
- Select who should be reminded - just you or some teammates as well. You can select channels too, and everyone in the channel will be reminded.
- Jot down some details of the task you need a reminder for.
- Select when you want to be reminded - in a few minutes or hours, or set a custom time.
- Click Set Reminder.
To set recurring reminders:
- You can also set recurring reminders within the Flock app.
- In the Reminders app, click on Set a reminder.
- Once you add participants and notes for the reminder, click Select custom time and repeat.
- Set a time, select the frequency - daily, weekly or custom, and click Set Reminder.
Quick reminders via slash commands:
- You can create a reminder quickly through the slash command /remind from any chat or channel.
- Type /remind in the Message Editor area, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- For example, /remind me in 30 mins to Confirm app design creates a reminder just for you.
- On the other hand, /remind all in 30 mins to Confirm app design creates a reminder for the entire channel you type this command in.
Create a reminder via message actions:
- You can also create a reminder for a specific message.
- Hover the mouse cursor on a message to see available message actions.
- Expand the Message Action buttons menu and click Set Reminder.