With Flock’s pre-installed Polls app, you can create polls in a jiffy, receive votes from all your teammates no matter where they are, and make important decisions much faster.
You can create polls in 1-1 chats and channels, and even forward a poll to another chat/channel to gather more feedback.
To create a poll:
- Launch the Poll app from the Attachment Picker.
- In the dialog box, type the question and some options for the answer. You can also add a comment to your question, to clarify or describe the question in further detail.
- The Poll app supports image-based options as well. Just click the image icon to upload one.
- You can add more options to a poll.
- You can also allow voters to choose more than one option.
- You can specify which chats/channels the poll should be posted in, and set a duration for the poll - from hours to days. By default, the Poll app will list the active chat/channel.
- Optional: You can choose to let teammates vote anonymously too.
- Once you've filled in all the details, click Create Poll.
- The poll is now posted in the chats/channels and will be active for the specified duration.
To create a poll using a slash command:
If you're creating a text-only poll, you can create one quickly through slash commands.
- Open the chat/channel where you want to conduct the poll.
- In the Message Editor area, type /poll and follow the syntax specified.
- For example, if you type /poll Who is the greatest male tennis player of all time? o:Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Rod Laver, Bjorn Borg and hit Enter, Flock will create the following poll:
To share a poll:
- Click Forward to share the poll in another chat/channel. Votes in all channels are synced and automatically updated.
To view or download poll results:
As your teammates vote, the Poll app will automatically update and show a preview of results in the chat/channel the poll was posted in.
- Click View to see the results of the poll in a popup window.
- Click Download for a CSV file with the poll results.