Handling multiple tasks and projects at work can sometimes be overwhelming. Upgrade to Flock PRO/Enterprise to gain access to the pre-installed Shared To-Dos app helps you set tasks for yourself and your team so you don’t have to chase deadlines at the last moment.
In less than a minute, you can jot down to-dos in Flock, assign them to team members, and set due dates. Everyone in the channel is notified when To-Dos are completed.
||Shared To-dos is available only under the PRO and Enterprise plan on Flock.
|Create Shared To-do
- Launch the Shared To-Dos app from Flock's apps sidebar and Click the + icon to create a new to-do list.
- You can change the title of your to-do list. Add a task and click the Add a to-do button to add more.
Alternately, you can hit Enter to automatically add another to-do task. You can rearrange tasks as required.
- If you create to-dos in a channel, you can assign these tasks to members of the channel.
Everyone in the channel is notified that a Shared To-Do list has been created. You can also set due dates for each task.
- When you assign tasks to channel members, they receive a notification from the Shared To-Dos Bot.
- The to-do bot reminds team members of tasks due for the day - in Flock and via email.
|Working With Shared To-Dos
- Once a team member completes an assigned task, they can simply check it off the list.
Everyone in the channel is notified that a task has been completed.
- To see a list of to-dos assigned to you, click on My To-Dos. The app will show you to-dos assigned to you in the current chat/channel.
To see all to-dos assigned to you, change the channel filter to All Conversations.
|Exporting Shared To-Do
You can export a list of all shared to-dos from Flock. Just click the Download Report in the app.
- Flock will download a CSV (comma separated values) file with all to-do tasks and details on assignees, due dates, and task completion.
- You can use a Slash Command to create to-dos.
- Type /todo in the Message Editor area of the chat/channel.
- Follow the prompt and type your task. Press Enter.