Flock’s deep integration with GitHub means that you can monitor all your git repositories within the app. You can browse and search your repositories, be notified of and share pull requests, commits and tags. You can also assign, close or merge pull requests and issues directly from within Flock!
To install and configure the GitHub app:
- Click the Apps icon on the bottom-right corner of the Flock app or click here.
- Click on the GitHub app and click Install.
- Sign in to your GitHub account and give Flock access to your repositories.
- Select the repositories you’d like to monitor.
- Select the channels that you’d like to be notified in.
- All done! You’ll now receive notifications in Flock for any activity in your git repository.
Things you can do with the GitHub app:
- You’ll receive a notification whenever you are @mentioned anywhere on GitHub.
- You can search or browse through all your repositories in the sidebar.
- You can access and share issues, pull requests and more from the Flock sidebar.
- You can assign and close issues, pull requests and more - within Flock.
- You can directly jump to an object of interest by using the /github command in Flock.
- You can set up notifications to be sent only to you, or to a channel of your choice.