Flock allows you to share files with team members in direct messages and channels. Presentations, documents, spreadsheets and even code snippets - you can share it all with ease.
To share a file from your computer:
- Click on the Attachment Picker button in the Message Editor, and click on Attach.
- Select a file from your computer and share.
- You can also drag and drop files into the Chat Message area, and share as many as 10 files in one go.
- Files shared directly in Flock (from local storage) count towards your team's storage limit.
- While the maximum file size allowed is 100 MB, Flock includes a generous 5GB storage for all the team's files in the free plan.
For more storage, consider upgrading to the Pro or Enterprise plan.
Sharing files from the cloud
You can also share files hosted on a cloud storage service such as Google Drive, Microsoft Onedrive, and Dropbox. To do so, you need to install the corresponding app from the Flock appstore.
To share a file from Google Drive:
- You can also share files from cloud storage services such as Google Drive.
- Click on the Attachment Picker button in the Message Editor, and click on Google Drive.
- In the Google Drive app, search/select a recently shared file, or go to My Drive to select another file.
- You can also share files by launching these cloud storage apps from Flock's apps sidebar.
When you share a file from cloud storage, all members of the chat - direct message or channel - are given read-only access to it. You can change this in the app settings.