Flock allows you to share files with team members in direct messages and channels. Presentations, documents, spreadsheets and even code snippets - you can share it all with ease.
To share a file from your computer:
- Click the Attachment Picker button for file sharing in the Message Editor.
- Select the file from your computer you'd like to share.
- Alternatively, you can drag and drop a file into the Chat Message area. You can share as many as 10 files in one go.
- Files shared directly in Flock (from local storage) count towards your team's storage limit.
- While the maximum file size allowed is 100 MB, Flock includes a generous 5GB storage for all the team's files in the free plan.
- For more storage, consider upgrading to the Pro or Enterprise plan.
Sharing Files from the cloud
You can also share files hosted on a cloud storage service such as Google Drive, Microsoft Onedrive, and Dropbox. To do so, you need to install the corresponding app from the Flock App Store.
To share a file from cloud storage:
- Click the Attachment Picker button for the cloud storage service in the Message Editor.
In this example, we chose to share a file from Google Drive.
- In the Google Drive app, search and select recently shared files, or go to My Drive to select another file in your Google Drive folder.
- The same options work for sharing files from your Onedrive and Dropbox folders too.
When you share a file from cloud storage, all members of the chat - direct message or channel - are given read-only access to it. You can change this default setting in the respective cloud storage app within Flock.