How do you know if a teammate is available for a chat? To help you find out, Flock displays presence and last seen information for every team member.
Presence information is synced every 15 minutes for your entire team. For additional accuracy, a team member's presence info is synced again when you open a one-to-one chat with them.
See if a teammate is available for a chat
- Search for a team member and hit Enter to start a one-to-one chat.
- At the top of the chat, you can see the teammate's presence and last seen info.
- Is your teammate available and active on Flock? Check the icon next to their name.
Online, active in the last 60 minutes
Away, inactive in the last 60 minutes
Unreachable, currently unable to receive messages
Invited to your Flock team but has not joined
- Flock automatically determines availability as follows:
|You're online when...||You're away when...||You're unreachable when...|
|Desktop||Flock is open or running in the background and you're interacting with your computer||60 minutes of inactivity||
Flock is unable to deliver messages to your device, that is, a delivery receipt isn’t received by the server within 2 minutes
30 days of inactivity
|Web Browser||You're interacting with Flock in a web browser|
|Mobile||Flock is open and you're interacting with it||You switch apps or close Flock|
- Shows when your teammate was last active on Flock. Look for an icon that shows whether they were last seen on a mobile device or desktop, followed by how long it has been since the last activity and their status.
- Is your teammate available, busy, in a meeting, on leave or working from home?
- Team members can also set their status to a custom message. For example, instead of saying "On leave", they could say "On vacation. Back on Oct 18."