Sometimes when you try to log on to Flock, you maybe facing an error like "Can't connect as session limit exceeded" and the error message looks like below.
Reason for Occurrence: You have exceeded the maximum limit of active sessions for Flock messenger.
Any session in which the visitor is still exploring your web application is considered an "Active Session".
|alert-warning||Note: There is a hard limit of 10 sessions across all devices, for a particular account. Also there is a hard limit of 6 sessions on a single device. If the user exceeds these limits, they wouldn't be able to login to their Flock Account until the existing sessions are cleared.|
You can manually clear the sessions from the Flock messenger admin panel.
1. Click on "Manage Sessions" from the error message or login to the Flock messenger admin panel (admin.flock.com)
2. Once you are logged into the admin panel. Click on "Manage Sessions" from the left panel of the page.
3. This will show you all active sessions of your Flock Account in various devices.
4. Toggle through each sessions and clear all unwanted session by clicking on the "Sign out" button.
Pro Tip: Do not use Flock in the browser's incognito mode to avoid multiple unwanted sessions.
5. Once you have cleared of all unwanted sessions. Click on the "Refresh" to view the current active sessions.
6. If the active sessions across all devices is less than 10 and if the active sessions on a single device is less than 6, We are good to go.
7. Close all the current instances of Flock messenger and launch the app again.
Here is a visual reference for the same.
That's it! The issue is fixed.
If you are facing issues even after clearing the active sessions on Flock Messenger, feel free to reach out to our Flock support team at email@example.com.