What is a channel?
A channel is where all the members of the team can work together. i.e, share files, ideas, discuss projects, tasks, etc.
NOTE: A channel need not only comprises of team members but can also have guests as a part of it.
How to create a channel?
- Go to the contacts search bar
- Click on the '+' icon
- Click on 'Create a new channel'
- Specify the purpose of your channel
- Choose the Channel type(public or private)
Public channel- It is an open channel, everyone who is a part of your team can view
and join this channel.
Private channel-This is a closed channel. Only those members who have been added
to this channel can view and access it.
- Name your channel
- Add colleagues using their email addresses
- Click on 'Create Channel'
- If you wish to create the channel for specific user groups, select -Only specific user groups.
- Choose the user groups from the drop-down list.
- Give a name to your Channel
- Optionally, you can add additional members along with the chosen user groups by their name or email address.
This completes the process of creating a channel.
Alternate hooks to create a channel
- Launch the directory from the sidebar and select-new channel
The steps to create a channel will be the same as mentioned above.
2. You can also create a channel by adding members to a one to one conversation using the below-shown option.
- Once you add members, you will get an option to set the channel's purpose
- Clicking on which will open a modal wherein you can re-name the channel, choose channel type and add members to it.