Migrating your team from Stride to Flock is easy. When you import team data from Stride, a new Flock team is created with your users, rooms (we call them channels), and conversations.
Migrating your team from Stride to Flock
|alert-warning||Stride allows admins to export varying levels of team data - messages, rooms, and users - but not apps and bot messages. Please check Atlassian's documentation for more details.|
Export team data from Stride
- Make sure you are the admin of your Stride team.
- Login to Stride and select Settings.
- Go to the Admin tab and click View all admin settings.
- In Application Settings, click Stride and then Create Export.
- Select the data you want to export - public and private rooms, 1-1 chats and files. Note that all files are exported as links that expire 14 days from the time of the export.
- Enter a passphrase that is at least 8 characters long and confirm it.
- Optional: Select specific dates for the export.
By default, Stride will export your data from the beginning of your team/site to present.
- Click Export. This may take a while and you'll receive an email once the export is complete.
If you are using Safari on Mac, please ensure that the browser does not automatically decompress the zip file after downloading. In the "General" tab of Safari preferences, uncheck "Open 'safe' files after downloading" to stop Safari from doing so.
Import Stride team data to Flock
- Create a Flock team and go to the Admin Panel.
- Click Import Team on the left and then click the Import Team button for Stride.
- Upload the .zip file exported from Stride and choose a web address for your new Flock team.
- Optional: Send email invites to all team members.
- You will be notified once the import process is complete.