As a team creator or team admin, Flock gives you an option to import your team's data from Slack. When you migrate team data from Slack, a new Flock team is created with all the relevant accounts, channels, and messages.
To import team data from Slack to Flock:
Pre-requisite actions in Slack:
- Make sure you are the admin of your Slack team.
Only Team Owners and Admins can export team data from Slack.
- Turn on Email Display to import users' full data.
Visit my.slack.com/admin/settings to change settings.
- Export all team data in a .zip file from Slack.
Head over to my.slack.com/services/export and start the data export process from Slack.
If you are using Safari on Mac, please ensure that the browser does not automatically decompress the .zip file after downloading. In the "General" tab of Safari preferences, uncheck "Open 'safe' files after downloading" to stop Safari from doing so.
Now, go to the Admin Panel in Flock:
- In the Admin Panel, click Import Team on the left.
- Click the Import Team button for Slack.
- Upload the .zip file exported from Slack.
- Choose a web address for your new team. You can change the Team Name and the team's web address later, from Admin Panel > Team Overview.
- You can also choose to send email invites to all team members asking them to join the new team on Flock.
- You will be notified via email once the import is complete.
Based on billing plans, Slack allows users to export data ONLY for certain elements:
- Only public channels on the Free plan.
- Only public channels and direct messages on the Standard plan.
- Public channels, private channels and direct messages on the Plus plan.
Users cannot migrate apps, bot messages, and guest accounts from Slack to Flock.