As a team creator or team admin, Flock gives you an option to import your team's data from HipChat. When you migrate team data from HipChat, a new Flock team is created with all the relevant accounts, channels, and messages.
To import team data from HipChat to Flock:
Pre-requisite actions in Hipchat:
- Make sure you are the admin of your HipChat team.
Only Admins can export team data from HipChat.
- Export all team data in a .zip file.
See this article for detailed instructions on exporting data from HipChat.
If you are using Safari on Mac, please ensure that the browser does not automatically decompress the .zip file after downloading. In the "General" tab of Safari preferences, uncheck "Open 'safe' files after downloading" to stop Safari from doing so.
Now, go to the Admin Panel in Flock:
- In the Admin Panel, click Import Team on the left.
- Click the Import Team button for HipChat.
- Upload the .zip file exported from HipChat.
- Choose a web address for your new team. You can change the Team Name and the team's web address later, from Admin Panel > Team Overview.
- You can also choose to send email invites to all team members asking them to join the new team on Flock.
- You will be notified via email once the import is complete.
HipChat doesn't allow users to export 1-1 chats. You can export data ONLY for users, public rooms, and chat history in those rooms.
In addition, HipChat exports chat history only for private rooms created by you. Other private channels in the team cannot be exported, even by the team admin.
Users cannot migrate apps, and bot messages from HipChat to Flock.