- What do I do when the video call does not connect?
- Why am I facing this issue on Flock?
1) What do I do when the video call does not connect?
There are a few straightforward measures that can be taken and they have been listed down below:
- Restart the Flock app and re-join the call.
- Restart Flock Desktop App
- Windows: Quit app from system tray.
- Mac: Quit app and relaunch.
- Flock Web-App
- Restart browser.
- Mac - How to adjust Mac camera & mic permissions
- Windows - Windows 10 camera, microphone, and privacy
- If your are browser then ^^ permission has to be set for respective browser
2) Why am I facing this issue on Flock?
There could be a few reasons as to why you maybe facing this issue. They have been listed down below:
a) Not Found Error
- User does not have a webcam or microphone.
- The computer or device does not have a sound card.
- The computer or device has a sound card but the recording device is disabled because there is no mic plugged in.
- The recording device is disabled manually from the OS(can be done on Windows).
b) Not Readable Error
- Although the user may have granted permission to use the matching devices, a hardware error could have occurred at the operating system, browser, or web page level which prevents access to the device.
- It most commonly happens on Windows when the browser tries to access the webcam or mic but are already in use by applications like Skype, Zoom etc.
- Sometimes the OS or other softwares also blocks the access to mic/camera for security reasons.
c) Not Allowed Error
- Perform the above step and restart the app to join the call.
- Reason for occurrence: Is thrown when the user denies(or has previously denied) access to the webcam or microphone.
d) Permission Dismissed Error
- This error is thrown by the chrome browser should the user close the privacy dialog requesting for mic and webcam access.