- What do I do when the video call does not connect?
- Why am I facing this issue on Flock?
1) What do I do when the video call does not connect?
There are a few straightforward measures that can be taken and they have been listed down below:
- Restart the Flock app and re-join the call.
- Restart Flock Desktop App
- Windows: Quit app from system tray.
- Mac: Quit app and relaunch.
- Flock Web-App
- Restart browser.
- Mac - How to adjust Mac camera & mic permissions
- Windows - Windows 10 camera, microphone, and privacy
- If your are browser then ^^ permission has to be set for respective browser
2) Why am I facing this issue on Flock?
There could a few reasons as to why you maybe facing this issue. They have been listed down below:
a) Not Found Error
- User does not have a webcam or microphone.
- The computer or device does not have a sound card.
- The computer or device has a sound card but the recording device is disabled because there is no mic plugged in.
- The recording device is disabled manually from the OS(can be done on Windows).
b) Not Readable Error
- It most commonly occurs on the Windows platform when the browser tries to access the webcam or mic but are found to already be in use(by Skype, etc.)
c) Not Allowed Error
- Perform the above step and restart the app to join the call.
- Reason for occurrence: Is thrown when the user denies(or has previously denied) access to the webcam or microphone.
d) Permission Dismissed Error
- This error is thrown by the chrome browser should the user close the privacy dialog requesting for mic and webcam access.