Webhooks allow you to send and receive messages from external services. Flock's webhooks work with JSON packets to transmit messages.
You can also use services such as IFTTT and Zapier to set up simple integrations to read RSS feeds, enable web tickers, and so on.
Create an incoming webhook
- Go to your Flock Admin Panel (https://admin.flock.com).
- Click on Webhooks in the sidebar.
- Click on the Add button next to Incoming Webhook.
- Select the Channel where you want incoming messages to be posted.
- Set a name that the webhook will use to post messages in Flock. You can also change the icon for the webhook.
- Click on Save and Generate URL. Copy the URL that is generated.
- This is the webhook endpoint and it accepts JSON packets posted to it. The following command will post a message "This is a test message" to your configured channel: