Webhooks allow you to send and receive messages from external services. Flock's webhooks work with JSON packets to transmit messages.
Create an outgoing webhook
- Click on the Add button next to Outgoing Webhook.
- Select the Channel where the webhook should look for messages. These messages will be sent to the external service you need via the webhook.
- Set a name that the webhook will use to post any replies in Flock. You can also change the icon for the webhook.
- Enter the Callback URL that Flock should send your messages to.
- Click on Save Settings and the outgoing webhook is saved.
- The outgoing webhook will post JSON packets to the Callback URL in the following format:
- A ?token=<webhook-token> is appended to the callback URL while making the call so you can verify that the request came from Flock. For more info, see Flock API Documentation.