Announcement channels are one-way broadcast channels. These channels are a great way to share company-wide updates as only team admins can share messages in them.
When you create a new team, Flock automatically creates an Announcements channel and automatically adds all team members.
Only team admins can create and manage announcement channels.
Create an announcement channel
- Go to the Admin Panel (https://admin.flock.com).
- Click on Custom Fields in the sidebar.
- Click on the Announcement channels section to expand it.
- Click the Create Announcement Channel button.
- Add a name and description for the new channel.
- Specify user groups that can view and join this channel.
- Optional: Choose the Make this channel auto-join option.
- If you want to automatically add team members in specific user groups to this channel, select the For specific user groups option.
- Specify user groups that should be automatically added to this channel.
- For example, if you are creating an auto-join channel for all “NY Product Managers”, once you select the user groups “Location = New York” and “Function = Product Manager”, the relevant team members will be automatically added to the channel. A few months later, when you hire another Product Manager in the New York HQ, s/he will be automatically added to this channel!
- If you want to automatically all team members to this channel, select the For everyone in the team option.
- Optional: Specify if you want team members to be able to mute/leave the channel.
- Click Create Channel.