Yes, you will receive notifications from the Flock app on all your devices.
Flock alerts you to new messages through notifications toasts. It intelligently syncs these messages and notifications so you are not bombarded by the same alert on multiple devices. So no matter which device you’re using, you can pick up a conversation from right where you left off.
Here is how Flock syncs your messages and notifications:
- When you receive a new message, Flock sends you a notification on the last active device - your smartphone or computer.
- If a notification is unread on the last active device for longer than 3 minutes, Flock sends this notification to the other active device.
- Once you check your unread messages on one active device, they are marked as read on all other active devices.
Considering you use a Windows PC and an Android smartphone, here’s what happens:
- If you've been accessing Flock on your Android smartphone for the past few minutes, then all Flock notifications will be sent to the smartphone first.
- If you don't act on these notifications for 3 minutes, they will be redirected to your Windows PC.
- If you tapped on the notifications and checked your messages on the smartphone, those messages will be marked read on the Windows PC too.
Exceptions to the rule:
- If you’ve muted a channel, you’ll not be notified about new messages in it on any device. You’ll receive notifications for @mentions in all channels, including muted ones on your last active device. Click here to know how to mute a channel.
- If you’ve set Flock on DND mode, you’ll not receive notifications for the specified duration on any device. Click here to know how to enable DND mode.