Too many notifications from a channel? You can mute them.
Muting a channel stops all notifications for messages in that channel with one exception, you'll still be notified when someone @mentions you.
Flock moves muted channels to a section at the bottom of the chats panel. Scroll down to the Muted Channels section to catch up on anything you missed.
To mute a channel:
- Open the channel you want to mute.
- Click on the sound icon in the right corner of the Chat tab area.
To access a muted channel:
- Scroll down the chats panel to the Muted Channels section.
- This section will list all channels you previously muted.
To unmute a channel:
- Scroll down the Active Chats panel to the Muted Channels section.
- Open the muted channel you want to unmute.
- Click on the unmute icon in the right corner of the Chat tab area.
Alternately, you can use slash commands to mute and unmute a channel.
- /mute @channelname
Mute a channel
- /unmute @channelname
Unmute a channel
Muting a channel is helpful when you're working on time-sensitive tasks. However, make sure to check back later and go through the conversation to stay up to date.