Working on a deadline and receiving too many notifications from a channel? You can mute noisy channels! Muting a channel stops notifications for messages in the channel. You'll still be notified when someone @mentions you in a message.
Flock moves muted channels to a section at the bottom of the chats panel. So, you can start working on that project, finish it, and then come back to catch up on anything you missed in muted channels.
To mute a channel:
- Open the channel you want to mute.
- Click the sound icon in the right corner of the Chat tab area.
To access a muted channel:
- Scroll down the chats panel to the Muted Channels section.
- This section will list all channels you previously muted.
To unmute a channel:
- Scroll down the Active Chats panel to the Muted Channels section.
- Open the muted channel you want to unmute.
- Click the unmute icon in the right corner of the Chat tab area.
Alternately, you can use slash commands to mute and unmute a channel.
- /mute @channelname
Mute a channel
- /unmute @channelname
Unmute a channel
Muting a channel is helpful when you're working on time-sensitive tasks. However, make sure to check back later and go through the conversation to stay up to date.