In Flock, you can refer to a public channel in conversations. We call this "linking to a channel" and you can link to public channels in 1-1 chats as well as channels - on both desktop and mobile.
Linking to a channel is a great way to help team members discover and join public channels they aren't aware of. Team members can also use it to refer to and redirect discussions to relevant public channels.
To link to a channel:
- In any conversation, type a message and add a # to see a list of public channels.
If the conversation is taking place in a public channel, this list does not include it.
- Select the relevant channel from the list and hit Enter.
- On Android or iOS, type a #, select from the list of public channels and hit Send.
- The message sent includes an unfurled link to the public channel.
- Clicking on the link adds team members to the public channel.
- You can only link to public channels in the same Flock team.