Flock makes it easy to retrieve information from conversations with teammates. You can search for messages - text, links, polls, notes, names of files and images shared etc. - in both 1-1 chats and channels.
To search for a message:
- Click on the Search button in Flock's apps sidebar.
- Alternately, you can use keyboard shortcuts, Ctrl + F on a PC and Cmd + F on a Mac.
- Type a keyword to search for and hit Enter.
- By default, Flock will search all conversations (1-1 chats and channels) for messages from any team member (including you).
- Under the Advanced Search options, you can filter search results by specifying who the message is from, or which conversation contains the message.
- Flock initially searches message history for the past 60 days. If you do not find what you're looking for, you can click on the option to Search older results.
- Click on a search result to view the relevant conversation.
- To add a search result to your favorites, hover the mouse cursor on a search result, and click the Favorite icon.
- Flock's free plan lets your team search message history for up to 10,000 messages. To search further back, please upgrade your team to Flock PRO.