Handling multiple tasks and projects at work can sometimes be overwhelming. Flock’s pre-installed Shared To-Dos app helps you set tasks for yourself and your team so you don’t have to chase deadlines at the last moment.
It takes less than a minute to jot down to-dos in Flock, and you can assign these tasks to team members and set due dates.
To create Shared To-Dos:
- Launch the Shared To-Dos app from Flock's Apps sidebar.
- Click the + icon to create a new to-do list.
- Click to change the title of your to-do list.
- Add a to-do task, or two, and click the Add a to-do button to add more. Alternately, you can hit Enter to automatically add another to-do task.
- If you create to-dos in a channel, you can assign these tasks to members of the channel.
- You can also set due dates for each task.
- Everyone in the channel is notified that a Shared To-Do list has been created.
- When you assign tasks to channel members, they receive a notification from the Shared To-Dos Bot.
Working with Shared To-Dos:
- By default, the app creates to-dos in the chat/channel you're currently conversing in. You can change it to a chat or channel of your choice.
- Once a team member completes an assigned task, they can simply check it off the list.
- Everyone in the channel is notified that a task has been completed.
- To see a list of to-dos assigned to you, click on My To-Dos. The app will show you to-dos assigned to you in the current chat/channel.
- To see all to-dos assigned to you, change the channel filter to All Conversations.
- Now, clicking on All shows all to-do lists from chats and channels you're a part of.
Export all your To-Dos:
- You can export a list of all shared to-dos from Flock. Just click Download Report in the app.
- Flock will download a CSV (comma separated values) file with all to-do tasks and details on assignees, due dates, and task completion.
- You can use a Slash Command to create to-dos.
- Type /todo in the Message Editor area of the chat/channel.
- Follow the prompt and type your task. Press Enter.
- The to-do bot reminds team members of tasks due for the day - in Flock and via email.