Smart Channels helps you create purpose-led channels and help team members discover and join them, faster than ever. This feature uses information from team members' profiles (custom fields and user groups) to show them channels relevant to their work.
To create Smart Channels:
- Click the + icon on the right of the Contacts Search bar in the Active Chats panel.
- Click the option to Create a new channel.
- On the Start a New Channel screen, select what your channel is about.
- Set the Channel Type to Public.
- Under the Who can view and join this channel? section, select Only specific user groups.
- Select the relevant user groups from the drop-down menu.
- Give the channel a name, and add a few colleagues to it. Click Create Channel.
- A new channel will be created with the team members you added.
- This channel will be listed in the Discover and Join Public Channels screen for all team members working in the Software Development function. Members of functions will not be able to see or join the channel.
You can create Smart Channels for multiple User Groups. For example, to create a channel for all “NY Product Managers”, all you need to do is select the user groups “Location = New York” and “Function = Product Manager”, and all team members in the relevant user groups will be able to discover and join the channel.