The third section in the Admin Panel, Team Permissions gives you extensive controls to manage your Flock team's security settings.
Team Sign up Permissions
- Invited members only
By default, only invited members can join your Flock team. Users invited by email can join the team from a link in the email. However, users invited through the Team Invite URL in Team Overview will need to be approved by a Team Admin.
- Approved domains
You can add your organization's email domain to the Approved Domains list and make it easier for colleagues to discover and join the team.
For example, if you add piedpiperinc.com to the Approved Domains list, everyone with a @piedpiperinc.com email address will be able to join your team without approval.
- Make your team public
Alternately, if you select Anyone can sign-up and join this team (Public), your team will be a public team that can be discovered and joined by anyone signing up for Flock.
Upgrade your team to an Organization
- Upgrading a team to an "Organization team" turns it into an auto-join team for all employees with a work email address, so it makes user onboarding easier for team admins.
- Once you upgrade your Flock team to an "Organization team", ask colleagues to go to web.flock.com and sign in with their work email address. They'll be automatically added to your team.
An organization can have only one "Organization team" in Flock. So, once you upgrade one of your teams, this option will be disabled for any other teams that you're a team admin for (using the same email address).
The option to upgrade your team to an "Organization team" is available only for teams using private email domains, not public email services such as Gmail or Outlook.
Use Google oAuth to sign in
If your organization uses the GSuite of apps and services such as Gmail, you can opt for secure sign-in via your team members' work Google account. Once turned on, this login process will be mandatory for all team members, and will automatically sign them into Flock apps such as Google Drive and Calendar.
When you create a team in Flock and invite members, the default setting allows invited team members (not guests) to invite new members. This helps make the onboarding process for your organization faster and more efficient.
- Select Only Team admins to restrict this permission and allow only Team Admins to invite members to the team.
You can invite external collaborators such as vendors and clients to your Flock team. This helps you communicate and collaborate faster, and fosters transparency in your organization. The default setting allows all team members (not guests) to invite guests to your team.
- Select Only Team admins to restrict this permission and allow only Team Admins to invite guests to your Flock team.
- You can also turn off the Guest accounts feature for your Flock team. Once you turn it off, hit Save and neither team members nor team admins will be able to invite external contacts to your Flock team.
File Sharing Restrictions
Discussions at work involve a variety of documents, spreadsheets, presentations, images and videos. Flock allows all team members to share files in direct messages and channels. However, you can restrict this setting to do one of the following:
- Allow only specific team members to share files
- Restrict all team members from sharing files
To change who can send files:
- Under File Sharing Restrictions, click to expand the drop-down and select one of the three options.
- To disable file sharing for all users in your team, select None.
- To restrict file sharing to specific users, select Allow specific users, and specify their email addresses.