By default, all channel members can add new members to and remove existing members from a channel. Channel admins can choose to disable this option.
To remove a channel member:
- Open the channel and click on its name in the Chat tab area to see a list of members.
- Click on the arrow icon to the right of the channel member you want to remove.
- Click on Remove from channel to remove the member from the channel.
- Removing channel members from a public channel does not prevent them from re-joining the channel. It is a public channel, so they can find and join it later.
- Removing channel members from a private channel prevents them from re-joining the channel unless they are invited back by someone in the channel.