Every channel in Flock has a name, an avatar, and a purpose to help team members identify it.
You set the name when creating a channel. A channel's avatar and purpose can be updated immediately after the channel is created to help team members find it faster.
To kickstart discussions in a new channel, purpose gives channel members an idea of where to start. In an older channel, it tells new members what the channel is for.
By default, Flock adds a purpose to every channel except Unnamed Channels.
- When a new channel is created, Flock automatically adds a purpose to it.
- The name of the channel and its purpose are displayed for all channel members to see.
You can change the name, avatar, and purpose of a channel after creating it.
- Click the name of the channel at the top to view its avatar and purpose.
- Click the name, purpose, or the camera icon on the avatar to change them.
- You can change a channel's avatar and purpose directly from the Chat Area.