Adding team members to a channel is essential to enable meaningful conversations in your team. You can add team members to a channel when creating the channel as well as later.
Adding team members to a channel during creation:
- Start typing a team member's name and select it from the drop-down.
- If a colleague is not part of the team on Flock, you can invite them to Flock, and add them to the channel directly with an email address.
Adding team members to a channel later:
- Open the channel from the Active Chats panel.
- Click the Add button on the top, right next to the name of the channel.
- Start typing a team member's name in the text box, and Flock will show you their profile.
- Click the profile to add the team member to the channel.
Channel Admins can manage how new members are added to a channel. By default, every member of a channel can add members to it, but the Admin can choose to disable this setting. In that case, only a Channel Admin can invite or add members to channels.