Flock makes it easy for team members to discover and join public channels to participate in important conversations with the team.
To search, discover, and join a public channel:
- If you know the name of the public channel you want to join, you can search for it from the Contacts Search bar and click the Join icon.
To discover and browse public channels:
- Launch the Directory and click Join Channels.
- Alternately, you can click the + icon in the Contacts Search bar and click Join Public Channels.
- You can search for a channel by entering a keyword(s), read the Channel Purpose to understand what the channel is all about, and then decide whether to join it.
- You don’t need admin approval or an invite to join public channels.
- Go ahead, join a few channels, and have meaningful conversations on work and more.
Private channels are not discoverable via search. Only invited members can join private channels.