Channels in Flock is where the real magic happens and public channels are open for everyone in your Flock team to join. So, we made them easy to discover for new team members.
To search and join a public channel:
- If you know the name of the public channel you want to join, you can search for it from the Contacts Search bar and click the Join icon.
To discover and browse public channels:
- Launch the Directory and click Join Channels.
- Alternately, you can click the + icon in the Contacts Search bar and click Join Public Channels.
- In the popup window, you can search for a channel by entering a keyword(s), read the Channel Purpose to understand what the channel is all about, and then decide whether to join it.
- You don’t need admin approval or an invite to join public channels.
- Go ahead, join a few channels, and have meaningful conversations on work and more.