When collaborating on different tasks and projects, sometimes, it gets difficult to keep track of all the conversations. So, we introduced a pin feature to prioritize conversations.
- Working on an important project with folks from other locations? You can pin that channel to the top of the chats panel for easier access and increased visibility.
- What about that chat with the CEO about a marketing campaign? You can pin chats too!
Give your most important conversations the importance they deserve.
To pin a chat or channel on a desktop:
- Hover the mouse cursor over a chat/channel in the Open Chats section.
- Click on the pin icon and the chat will move to the top, to the Pinned Chats section.
- After a task/project is complete, you can unpin chats/channels to make space for new ones.
To pin a chat or channel on a smartphone:
- On Android, tap and hold on an open chat or channel and select the Pin option.
- On iOS, tap and swipe right on an open chat or channel to pin it.
To unpin a chat or channel on a desktop:
- Hover your mouse cursor over the pinned chat/channel.
- Click on the pin icon to unpin the conversation. It'll move back into the Open Chats section.
To unpin a chat or channel on a smartphone:
- On Android, tap and hold on a pinned chat or channel and select the Unpin option.
- On iOS, tap and swipe right on a pinned chat or channel to unpin it.
Pinning conversations is a great way to keep them on top of your mind when you're managing multiple tasks. Just make sure to unpin older chats, to make space for new ones.