Does your marketing team work with external vendors for creatives or content? Or maybe your developer team collaborates with clients on feature requests? In either scenario, you can make use of Flock’s Guest Accounts feature to work with people outside your organization.
Guest accounts allow you to invite people outside the organization to collaborate with your team. Invited guests have limited access to chats and conversations within your team on Flock. You can invite any number of guests to your Flock team.
- Initiate chats with their host
- Chat with specified contacts and channels
- Save files in their personal tab
- Use Flock apps and integrations
- Create a new channel
- Invite/Add any other guests or members to the team
- Remove channel members from channels they have been added to
- Create apps or publish them on the Flock App Store
To invite a guest:
- Click on +Invite and select Guests.
- Enter email ID(s) of guests to be invited.
- Set a validity reminder for the team admin to renew or remove the guest account later.
- Click Invite and Proceed.
- Specify contacts and channels your guest(s) can access and should be added to respectively.
- Click Done.
To remove or upgrade guest access:
- Guest accounts can be removed or upgraded by the team admin(s) from the Admin Panel. Click here to see how.
- Guests have access only to the team members and channels you specify.
- Team admins can upgrade guests to team members, if and when required.
- All team members can add guest(s) to a team unless specified otherwise by the team admin.