Working on a project and need to brainstorm with colleagues? Create a public channel and start having meaningful conversations filled with ideas!
What about that super-secret celebration for a project milestone? Create a private channel, invite just the people you need and start planning.
To create a channel:
- Click the + icon on the right of the Contacts Search bar in the Active Chats panel.
- Click the option to Create a new channel.
- On the Start a New Channel screen, select what your channel is about.
- By default, Flock will create a Public channel, but you can opt to create a Private channel as well. In this screen, give a name to the channel and invite team members.
Create a Channel from the Directory:
- Launch the Directory from the Apps Sidebar and click New Channel.
Public channels can be discovered and joined by anyone in your team. Private channels can only be discovered and joined by team members the channel creator invites. Click here for more details on Public and Private channels.
You can also create a channel from within a 1-1 chat. In any direct message, click the Add others to this conversation button on the top-right to add another team member and Flock automatically creates a new channel for you.