Creating a team is one of the first things you do when you signup on Flock.
In a few steps, you can create a team, add all your colleagues across departments and projects, and start talking to anyone and everyone in your organization. It also means faster collaboration for cross-functional projects - just create a quick channel with all members working on a project!
When you create a team, we ask you to add a few details and invite members. You can always invite more colleagues later, once the team has been created.
To create a team on a desktop:
- Go to www.flock.com, enter your work email and click Get started.
- Enter the verification code sent to your email inbox and click Verify.
- In the Create a new team screen, name your team and click Next.
(Hint: Your company’s name?)
- Update your profile info - Name, Avatar, and Phone, and click Next.
- You can now invite team members by email. Just input 3 or more emails and click Done.
- Optional: Install the Google Chrome extension so you are always up to date on team discussions in Flock.
- Your team has been created, and email invites have been sent to your teammates. You can now go ahead and create channels for projects, departments, and shared interests.
Teams in Flock allow for quick, open and efficient communication between all employees in an organization. Every team member can search for other team members and work together on different projects, tasks and more. Consider it an internal company directory built into your favorite communication platform.
We recommend creating one Flock team for your entire organization. However, you can also create a Flock team for a department or a standalone project.
To create a new team within Flock:
- Click the gear icon at the top-left to access the Settings menu.
- Click Add new team in the menu. This brings up the Create a new team screen.