Why am I not receiving Flock notifications on my Xiaomi phone?
Technical Explanation: Currently, Xiaomi devices block a few background services. Thus, Android notifications are always forwarded to the app’s background service first, and then displayed in the notification area of your phone. As this is a device-specific requirement, there is no way for Flock to display a notification without sending it to the background service.
Here’s how you can fix this issue:
To enable notifications in your Xiaomi phone, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Enable autostart for Flock
Navigate to Security -> Permissions -> Autostart, to see if autostart is enabled for Flock. If not, enable it and follow the steps below.
Step 2: Enable floating notifications and lock screen notifications
- Tap on Settings
- Select Installed apps
- Scroll and select Flock
- Tap on Show notifications
- Toggle to enable floating notifications
- Toggle to enable lock screen notifications
- Press back to save your settings
Step 3: Allow Flock to run in the background
- Open Settings
- Select Additional settings
- Select Battery
- Open manage apps battery usage
- Select Choose apps
- Open Flock
- Select Custom
- Under Background Network, select Stay Connected
- Under Background Location, select Allow